Ancient Maya Specialist and Consultant
Honorary Research Associate, Institute of Archaeology, UCL
Lecturer at City Literary College
Historical Association Speaker
Workshops for Teachers
- School Visits – CPD workshops for KS2 teachers or as part of INSET or twilight sessions.
- Day Events – Scheduled workshops in London and elsewhere that include a museum tour
Workshops for Pupils
- School workshops
- Presentations to classes or as an assembly
Teacher Resources on the Maya
- Access to my own resources
- Scheme of Work and Lesson Plans
- Images and Videos
- Other online resources
- Make your own Maya Calendar and other products
Engage with Maya School Children
- Meet Maya school children
- Fundraiser for Maya school children
Visit the Land of the Maya
- Teacher Trip to Guatemala to learn about both the ancient and modern Maya
- Develop resources for teaching the Maya in school and support global learning
- Consultancy work for TV and Radio
- Writing, revising or editing Maya resources for educational companies
Ask me a Question
- For those who have any questions about the ancient or modern Maya
Class Projects on the Maya
- The opportunity for children to display the work they have completed in school on the Maya
Explore the Maya World
- Maya Chronology
- Where did the Ancient Maya live?
- How did the Maya tell time?
- How did the Maya add and subtract?
- What was Maya writing like?
- Did the Maya play football?
- Did the Maya really have chocolate?
- Did the Maya have music?
- Are there still Maya people living today?
- Pronunciation Guide – Help with pronouncing Mayan words
The Maya Rainforest
- What it is like to excavate and live in the Maya rainforest
Myths about the ancient Maya
- Mythbusters: Myths and Misinterpretations about the Maya
Ten Amazing Facts about the Maya
- Learn ten amazing facts about the ancient Maya
Test your Knowledge
Ask me a Question
- For those who are learning about the Maya and have questions
Courses on the Maya, ancient civilisations and anthropology
- General Courses
- City Literary College, Holborn, London
- Workers Educational Association (WEA) Reading and Andover
Visit the Land of The Maya
- Expert-Led trip to Guatemala and Honduras with Steppes
- Steppes Travel to visit both the ancient Maya remains and the contemporary Maya
- Lectures on Maya art and architecture
- Guest speaker for organisations and events
- A UK charity that supports Maya schools in Central America
- My unpublished papers
- Readings on the Maya and archaeology in general
- Access to my articles
- Access to my CV, including field and teaching experience
- Current research and future excavations
- My work at the Maya site of San Bartolo, Guatemala
- Conference organiser for Maya and other archaeological events
Maya Insight Group
- A special interest group focused to promote ancient and modern Maya culture